You’ll also find this list of materials and a more detailed explanation of the items within the tutorial document itself. I have included it here for ease of reference. I’ve linked to an Amazon listing for many of these so you can get a specific idea of the material I recommend. However, if you need to buy anything, choose your favorite local supplier. Good polymer-centric businesses are linked in the next section.
- Metallic or Pearlescent polymer clay, ½ block (Premo gold works nicely)
- Black polymer clay, ¼ block
- Texture sheet or texture roller (this one would be nice)
- Water in a spray bottle, fine mist
- Ceramic tile or other glossy surface
- Scrap paper
- Deli plastic sheet or plastic wrap (cling film)
- Rolling pin or acrylic rod
- Cutter, I chose a circle, roughly 2”
- A flexible and sharp blade
- Wooden block or something flat, firm, and hard
Please source your materials wherever it makes sense for you. I’ve gathered a list of reliable, trusted suppliers around the world. Be aware that it can be difficult to find polymer clay sources locally in your town, regardless of where you live. Ordering online is usually the best way to get a good selection and fresh products. Most of these suppliers also carry a full range of polymer-specific supplies.
- Poly Clay Play – Trish Hodgens – Premo and Sculpey, Pardo, Viva Decor supplies, Ranger, (everything, really)
- Munro Crafts – Most clay brands, full retail prices unless you buy in bulk, but then it’s super cheap. Lots of supplies, too.
- Linda’s Art Spot – Linda Prais – Etsy shop that sells Cernit, Kato, Pardo and many wonderful supplies
- Clay Factory -Howard and Marie Segal – Fimo, Cernit, Pearl-Ex, some supplies
- Happy Things – Marja Novratidis-Bullee – Fimo, Sculpey, Premo, Kato, Pardo, Lucy Tools, PYM II and tons of supplies
- Hobbyrian – Karolina Söderberg – Premo, Fimo, Cernit, a full range of tools, finishes, custom cutters, silkscreens and texture, resin, PYM II and much more
- The Outline Group – Cutters, Sculpey clays, Cernit clays, jewelry findings.
- Craftband.ru – Zhanna Vasileva- Fimo, Sculpey III, Vintaj, Ranger Inks, supplies